It’s no secret that maintaining a balanced diet can improve your health both physically and mentally, but leading a hectic life can often mean we choose convenience over healthy habits.
Eating nutritious foods is invaluable for getting the most out of your body, and can help you to maintain a healthy weight, boost your energy and even reduce future health costs. As well as this, a balanced diet can encourage a good night’s sleep, helping you to feel fresh and revived in the morning. Munching on brain foods has also been shown to increase productivity, allowing more time and energy to focus on what you really want to be doing.
Here at the clinic we follow these five healthy eating tips to keep our brains buzzing and our bodies feeling energised:
- Eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day – it’s a classic for a reason.
- Stay hydrated – H2O helps transport nutrients in the body, and dehydration can cause aching joints and muscle cramps.
- Chow down on oily fish so your body can reap the benefits of Omega-3 fats.
- Don’t skip breakfast – this can be tough when you’re rushing to work on a Monday morning, but a healthy breakfast is key to kickstarting your metabolism and boosting brain power.
- Cut back on sugar as it affects your mood, skin and waistline – by reducing your sugar intake, you’re decreasing the risk of a whole host of nasties later on.
If you are suffering from back pain and you’re considering chiropractic treatment for the first time, you can find out more about what to expect at Active Health Chiropractic Clinic here, or see our special offer for new patients.
Don’t forget, online booking is now available. You can check availability for each of our practitioners at our Cosham clinic, and book your appointments online via our website.